The Academy Optimist Club has been serving the Pikes Peak region since 1989. Through a philosophy of Optimism, the Academy Optimist Club “Brings Out the Best in Kids” with various projects such as:
- – Liberty Day (teaching the U.S. Constitution)
- – Oratorical Contest (a contest for public speaking)
- – Communication Contest for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- – Essay Contest (an excellent writing contest)
- – Brain Bowl (a team contest, like “Jeopardy” for middle schools)
- – Santa Train on the Pikes Peak Cog Railway
- – Safety Day (teaching bicycle and fire safety)
- – Childhood Cancer
- – Critters for Cancer
See the Club Projects page for more details.
The Academy Optimist Newsletter
Check out our monthly Newsletter and see what the Academy Optimist Club has been up to!
Academy Optimist Monthly Newsletter
If you would like to be added to our Monthly Newsletter list, please contact Ronda Riley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Optimist International? It’s an association of more than 3,000 Optimist Clubs around the world dedicated to “Bringing Out the Best in Kids.” Optimist Clubs conduct positive service projects in their communities aimed at providing a helping hand to youth. With their upbeat attitude, Optimist Club members help empower young people to be the best they can be. Each Optimist Club determines the needs of the young people in its community and conducts programs to meet those needs. Every year, Optimists conduct 65,000 service projects and serve well over six million young people. Learn more at www.optimist.org.